Sunday, January 11, 2015

Laundry Detergent

I did it! No more laundry detergent on my shopping lists. This is very easy to make and you are not having to use chemical-filled soaps to get the job done. I challenge you to make your own and start making those changes you wanted to make on January 1st.

What you need:
This makes 3.5 cups of detergent.

+ Borax (1 cup)
+ Washing Soda (1 cup)
+ Kirk's Castile Soap (1 Bar) Kirk's Castile: Coco Castile Bar Soap, Fragrance Free 4 oz (5 pack) + Favorite essential oil (5 drops)

Use a cheese grater to get the bar of soap down to shavings. Then you mix in the washing soda and borax. Use a fork to make sure there are no lumps. This is when you can add your essential oil to the recipe! I chose two; Wild Orange and Citrus Bliss essential oils. I separated the mixture into 2.

Now I have 1.5 cups of Wild Orange and 1.5 cups of Citrus Bliss laundry detergents. It takes some trial and error to discover what scents you will like the best. This is why I split it up.

Store in an air tight container (I chose glass just to be safe.)

I recommend using 2 - 4 tablespoons per load. This laundry detergent can give us 24 loads at least!



Remember to always use your best judgement in making homemade products. Find something that works for you and stick with it! You can easily save money on your home cleaning products by doing some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment